Weeds can be one of the peskiest things you will deal with when it comes to your lawn. If you find that after many attempts you are still battling weeds, it’s time to change things up. Here’s how to implement proper weed control.
- Examine Lawn – First and foremost, examine your lawn. Determine what kind of weeds you are dealing with — a lot of weed control products are specific to what certain kinds of weeds need to be killed.
- Choose a Treatment – Choose a treatment that is specific to your type of weeds. If you want to target and prevent weeds before they grow in the spring, purchase a pre-emergent. A pre-emergent will reduce the odds of weeds giving you trouble during the growing season.
- Kill Weeds – Study the instructions on your weed killer carefully. If the weed killer is misused, it could be detrimental to your lawn. Additionally, weed killer should be used as spot treatment rather than on the whole lawn itself.
- Keep Up with Lawn Maintenance – To promote a weed-free lawn, consider the following:
- Seed your lawn in the fall.
- Before the winter, give your lawn a short mow and fertilizer treatment.
- When spring arrives, hand pull weeds and apply pre-emergent.
- In the spring and summer, mow your lawn regularly, and avoid cutting more than a ⅓ of the grass at a time.
We hope these tips will assist you in your weed control. If you have any questions regarding weed control and the services we provide, please contact us at Triangle Custom Landscaping today!