Weeds are a nuisance that, if left unchecked, can take over your yard and starve out your plants. The good news is that with proper care, you can take your yard back and prevent the weeds from taking over again. Here are a few tips for practicing weed control like a pro:
1. Just because you can’t see weeds yet, doesn’t mean they won’t be a problem – Your weeds can be hiding under mulch or rocks in your flowerbeds or they may not have sprouted just yet, but taking action before they pop up everywhere is your best defense.
2. Just picking weeds out isn’t enough – Weeding your garden is important, but often times you don’t get the entire root removed. Using proper tools to remove the weeds completely accompanied with a good weed killer will be much more effective.
3. Mulch is helpful, but it isn’t enough – By keeping a healthy amount of mulch in your garden, you can suppress your weeds, but it will not prevent them from growing.
4. You need pre-emergent and post-emergent treatments – Different weeds need different treatments. Some weeds can be prevented with a pre-emergent spray. Other weeds will need to be removed and treated with a post emergent spray to stop the spread of seeding.
5. Weed control is not just for the spring – There are several processes involved in keeping a weed-free yard and some of those happen in the summer and fall. With our team on your side, we can provide you with safe and effective year-round weed control and ensure you have a beautiful yard to enjoy all year long.
For more professional advice and help with your yard and weed control, contact us today at Triangle Custom Landscaping.